Position: Technical Writer
Experience: 6-8 years
Budget: Up to 15 LPA
Technical Writer Job Description
- Reduce the need for instructions on product usage by working with the technical staff to make products easier to use,
- Use appropriate mediums like online videos or manuals to connect with the audience.
- Meet product designers and developers and study product samples.
- For products, research, organize, and write supporting documents.
- Use supporting items such as graphs, photographs, and drawing to help increase users' understanding.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Technical Writer will create and maintain the information architecture.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides.
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation.
- Ability to deliver high-quality documentation paying attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Excellent written skills in English.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PPT, Excel, Vision.
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred.